Sense of Place
As you may be aware the Sustainable Tourism Powys - Green Tourism, Activity & Wildlife and Sense of Place grant fund has come to an end, however, we are still accepting Expression of Interest, which will be entered on to a waiting list just in case any projects do not go ahead or any additional funds allocated to the Scheme.
How to enter onto the short list?
• Tourism project, which can be completed by the 30th September 2013.
• A revenue expenditure projects.
• Businesses or social enterprises based in Powys in the tourism sector.
• Employing 1-10 full time equivalent employees.
• A turnover/balance sheet value of less than €2,000,000.
• Any permissions (Planning, highways, landowners consent etc) need must be already in place
If we receive additional funds and if you meet the above criteria, we will contact you to make an appointment to see you.
We are still accepting Expression of Interest for the ICT grant fund, which will close 30th September 2013, and free reviews will be offered until 30th April 2014.
“To raise awareness, encourage, identify and implement a sense of place to the visitor, working with tourism businesses and community groups to achieve this.”
Sustainable Tourism Powys can assist businesses or groups to make the most of their area through Sense of Place advice and funding.
From food, language, culture and heritage there is wide variety of projects that can be supported.
Sustainable Tourism Powys can help to deliver a range of projects including:
- Projects that develop and promote local food clusters or trails.
- Culture and heritage related projects
- Singular and Joint marketing initiatives
- Projects that involve the Welsh language
What's on offer?
- Up to 70% funding up to a maximum grant of £5,000 to assist in implementing Sense of Place related projects.
- Availability of grant funding is limited and the process is competitive.
- Free business events and workshops.
Who can apply?
- Businesses or social enterprises based in Powys in the tourism sector.
- Employing 1-10 full time or equivalent employees.
- A turnover/balance sheet value of less than €2,000,000.
- Or Constituted Associations or Community Groups.
- Further eligibility criteria apply - please contact us for details.
Click the link to register for a Sustainable Tourism Powys Expression of Interest Form