Sustainable Tourism Powys RDP Project
Sustainable Tourism Powys is an innovative new programme delivered by Powys County Council to support and develop tourism in Powys into a dynamic and competitive sector. The project will offer a range of support that will develop and promote the tourism offer in Powys including;
- Grant schemes
- Targeted marketing,
- Business advice and support.
The overall aim of the project is:
"to develop a tourism sector that is dynamic, sustainable and competitive, that supports the local economy to sustain the social, economic and environmental aspects of the community"
The project will look to support a range of activities under the following headings:
The project through its programme of support will deliver against the following objectives:
- To support the development of sustainable tourism.
- To enhance the visitor experience.
- To develop and improve the tourism infrastructure.
- To improve the information and interpretation available for the visitor.
- Increase visitor satisfaction and encourage repeat visits.
- To provide support to businesses and enterprises operating with in the tourism sector to allow them to offer a quality product.
- To support and implement the use of ICT and digital marketing within the sector.
- To improve and develop activity based tourism.
- To support sense of place activities that promotes the local distinctiveness of Powys.
- Improve visitors' awareness of the local history, heritage and culture.
- To develop and effectively promote integrated transport services for visitors to the County.
- To develop mechanisms for sharing best practice and joint working.