Activity and Wildlife Tourism
As you may be aware the Sustainable Tourism Powys - Green Tourism, Activity & Wildlife and Sense of Place grant fund has come to an end, however, we are still accepting Expression of Interest, which will be entered on to a waiting list just in case any projects do not go ahead or any additional funds allocated to the Scheme.
How to enter onto the short list?
• Tourism project, which can be completed by the 30th September 2013.
• A revenue expenditure projects.
• Businesses or social enterprises based in Powys in the tourism sector.
• Employing 1-10 full time equivalent employees.
• A turnover/balance sheet value of less than €2,000,000.
• Any permissions (Planning, highways, landowners consent etc) need must be already in place
If we receive additional funds and if you meet the above criteria, we will contact you to make an appointment to see you.
We are still accepting Expression of Interest for the ICT grant fund, which will close 30th September 2013, and free reviews will be offered until 30th April 2014.
“To increase the quality and diversity of activities available to visitors. A vehicle for businesses to increase profitability in and out of the main season. Awareness raising of wildlife and its habitat.”
Sustainable Tourism Powys offers advice and funding towards projects that either enhance local wildlife access and interpretation of, or improves activity based tourism activities across Powys.
Sustainable Tourism Powys can help to deliver a range of projects including:
- Infrastructure / Facilities
- Singular and Joint marketing initiatives
- Signage and Interpretation
What's on offer?
- Up to 70% funding up to a maximum grant of £10,000 to assist in implementing Activity or Wildlife related projects.
- Availability of grant funding is limited and the process is competitive.
- Free business events and workshops.
Who can apply?
- Businesses or social enterprises based in Powys in the tourism sector.
- Employing 1-10 full time or equivalent employees.
- A turnover/balance sheet value of less than €2,000,000.
- Further eligibility criteria apply - please contact us for details.
For information on the grant scheme guidance please click here
Click the link to register for a Sustainable Tourism Powys Expression of Interest Form